DIY Vitamin-packed Avocado and Coconut Oil Hair Mask
Want Your Healthy Hair Back? Try This Mask
As a bleached-blonde with a bad habit of straightening my wavy hair, I am just one of the many girls who has experienced falling victim to the negative effects of my hair regime. My hair was brittle and dull, and it also refused to grow despite the two years I refrained from cutting it. Frustrated, I decided to take action.
I did some poking around online and found a multitude of remedies for hair growth and shine. After a lot of experimenting, I found what ingredients seemed to work best and began to make my own all-natural hair mask and apply it to my scalp and hair weekly.
Consisting of vitamin B & E-rich avocados, Moringa Source's own moisturizing coconut oil, split-end-repairing and growth-stimulating honey, and shine-enhancing olive oil, this mask had my hair back to looking shiny and healthy in no time! After about a month or two, it even began to grow again.
What you need:
- Short hair: 1/2 an avocado
Long hair: 1 whole avocado
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of Moringa Source's Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- A bowl
What you do:
- Peel your avocado, dispose of the pit, and mash it up in your bowl as best as you can with your hands. I have found that a fork does a pretty good job as well.
- Mix honey and olive oil into the mashed avocado.
- Heat up the coconut oil in order to liquefy it, and then add it to the mix.
- Stir, mash, smash, or do whatever else it takes to get your hair mask as smooth and creamy as possible!
- Once any lumps are gone, begin to massage the mask into your scalp and roots.
- After your scalp and roots have been completely covered, begin to spread the mask down your strands until every inch of your locks are coated. Make sure not to neglect any split ends!
- Leave the mask on your hair for 1/2 an hour. I like to put my hair up in a messy bun so that it's out of the way.
- Once your 1/2 hour has passed, hop in the shower and proceed to wash your hair as your normally would, removing all traces of the mask. You may want to shampoo twice in order to get any oily residue out of your hair.
- Voilà! Repeat these steps once a week to keep your hair healthy and lustrous!
Benefits of coconut oil:
Our organic, virgin coconut oil is processed by centrifuging. This means that it has never been bleached or exposed to temperatures which break down the nutrients in the oil. The centrifuging process also allows our oil to retain its rich coconut aroma.