Beat The Heat This Summer With Our Vegan Turmeric Lemonade!
Looking for a Summer beverage?
Ahh, lemonade - the all-American summertime favorite. Whether it's what you've got chillin' in your cooler during beach days, or it's what you order fresh-squeezed at the local fair, the sweet and tangy blend is the perfect beverage to accompany any summertime excursion.
With rising temperatures and longer daylight, we can't be blamed if we're always on the move from one outdoor adventure to another. However, it's easy to burn ourselves out with full-packed days of hiking, swimming, and visiting amusement parks. These activities can also make our joints feel sore. Not to mention, caving into fattening summer sweets from the neighborhood ice cream truck or those cookie-cutter fried dough vendors that line every main walking strip at carnivals seems to become easier, too. So what are we to do?!
When you're active, its important to stay hydrated and healthy. Our Vegan Lemonade recipe includes Turmeric, an immune-boosting super-food that'll work to keep you that way so that you can stay on-the-move this summer. Turmeric also has anti-inflammatory and thermogenic effects which will soothe any pain from increased physical activity and can help your metabolism burn off those extra calories you couldn't resist. Lemony-sweet with a hint of spice, this concoction will be your new favorite summertime refresher.
What To Get:
- 1 & 1/2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
- 1 pinch of black pepper (this helps your body absorb the turmeric)
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Moringa Source's own Turmeric Powder
- 2 drops of pure, essential lemon oil
- 1 cup of ice
- 3 cups of filtered water
- Your choice of beverage container/glass
What To Do:
- Squeeze as much juice as you can from your lemons into your glass
- Add your black pepper, Cayenne pepper, and Turmeric powder
- Pour in your maple syrup and pure lemon oil
- Mix all ingredients together as you pour in the filtered water
- Add ice, and enjoy!