Chocolate Toothpaste? Yes, You Read That Correctly!
Believe it or not, chocolate isn't so bad for your teeth after all!
While sugary chocolate bars from the candy store obviously don't provide much benefit to our health, the chocolatey cacao nibs from which raw cacao powder is made are extremely beneficial to the health of our teeth.
Brushing with cacao toothpaste can offer many benefits to the teeth. It has been found that the cacao plant contains compounds which aid in remineralization of tooth enamel even more effectively than fluoride. Brushing with cacao powder can also help to remove any biofilm from the teeth, preventing cavities from arising.
Tannins, polyphenols, and flavonoids are a few of the strong antioxidants of cacao, which may improve the health of the teeth and the mouth. Studies have discovered that cacao has antibacterial effects, and that the theobromine it contains may even help to prevent tooth decay by hardening tooth enamel.
Now that you've learned a bit about the benefits, try making your own homemade cacao toothpaste!
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 4 tablespoons of Moringa Source Pure Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 drops of Herbs of Light Peppermint Extract
- 2 teaspoons of Moringa Source Raw Cacao Powder
- Combine all of the ingredients together and mix well until you reach your desired consistency.
- Store your toothpaste in a sealed container.
- Scoop a bit out with your toothbrush any time you go to brush your teeth!