Create Your Own All-Natural Bath Fizzies!
Ingredients - Makes 4
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of citric acid
- 1/2 cup of Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- Desired amount of all-natural food coloring (optional)
- 2 & 1/2 tablespoons of Moringa Source Coconut Oil, melted
- 3/4 tablespoons of water
- 12-15 drops of your favorite essential oil
- Dry herbs, flowers, or rose petals that will float and fill your bath once your fizzy has dissolved (optional)
- Your desired mold. You can buy molds specifically for making bath bombs, but you can also use something like a silicon baking mold or a cupcake pan.
- In a bowl, mix all of your dry ingredients together. (Baking soda, citric acid, Epsom salt, cornstarch, optional dry herbs/rose petals)
- In a separate bowl, mix all of your wet ingredients together. (Food coloring, coconut oil, water, essential oil)
- Slowly add your wet ingredients mixture to your dry ingredients mixture. It is important to do this slowly because adding the wet ingredients to the citric acid will activate it and cause it to fizz up.
- Mix them together until they are thoroughly combined. Your mixture should resemble wet sand.
- Fill your mold firmly, and let it sit for 1 minute.
- Once 1 minute has passed, gently tap your bath fizzies out of their molds until they pop out.
- Allow them to dry for at least 24 hours before using them in your next bath!
The Benefits of These Bath Fizzies:
Coconut oil has a low molecular weight, meaning that it has the ability to penetrate the skin deeper than most oils. It contains saturated fats, which are medium-chain fatty acids, or triglycerides. When applied to the skin, these healthy fats work to retain moisture.
Vitamin E - one of coconut oil's most prized ingredients - keeps skin healthy and youthful in a multitude of ways. Vitamin E promotes healthy skin growth, repairs damaged skin cells, and prevents both cracking and wrinkling of the skin. This is because Vitamin E contains strong antioxidants that aid in soothing the skin and preventing premature aging.
Specific proteins within coconut oil contribute to healthy cellular growth and deep tissue repair, making it a great solution for reducing acne scars and spots. Because it is an anti-inflammatory, coconut oil is also very effective in reducing the swelling, redness, and overall inflammation that stems from breakouts.
Epsom Salts are not actually a salt at all, but rather the naturally-occurring chemical compound magnesium sulfate. When these salts are used in the water, a process called reverse osmosis occurs. Salt and dangerous toxins are drawn out of the body, and beneficial elements like magnesium, sulfates, and oxygen are absorbed by it. Epsom salts also:
- Make a great exfoliate to remove dead skin cells so that new ones may grow.
- Can help to relieve stress, headaches, and anxiety.
- Can help to soothe aching muscles, joint pain, and cramps.
Aromatherapy is a wonderful alternative to relieving a number of ailments. Depending on which essential oil you choose to add to your bath fizzies, they can be added to the bath to relieve headaches, promote sleep, soothe muscle aches, invigorate and stimulate the mind and body, or help loosen congestion.