Delicious and Light Cacao Whipped Cream!
This quick and easy recipe not only makes the perfect dessert topper, but also a yummy parfait treat all on its own when garnished with fruit!
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of Moringa Source Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. If you'll be whipping by hand, place your bowl and whisk in the freezer for 30 minutes. If you'll be using a mixer, you only need to place the metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 30 minutes.
2. Once 30 minutes passes, remove your bowl and whisk from the freezer and place your Moringa Source Cacao powder, sugar, sea salt, and vanilla extract into the bowl and combine.
3. Add your heavy cream to the bowl, and whisk your mixture together until the cream begins to form and becomes fluffy and light. If you're using a mixer, it usually only takes about a minute or two on medium-high speed.
4. Use your whipped cream as a topping on your favorite cake, dessert bread, or ice cream. If you're like us and choose to let it stand alone as a little parfait, garnish it with some sliced strawberries, sliced bananas, crushed almonds, or coconut flakes! It also makes a great dip for fruit, too!
Benefits of Moringa Source Raw Cacao Powder
Raw cacao is a rich source of antioxidants, monosaturated fats, cholesterol-free saturated fats, minerals, fiber, natural carbohydrates, and protein. It contains Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B9, and E, and is actually one of the highest plant-based sources of magnesium, which improves heart function, lowers blood pressure, helps improve blood flood, turns glucose into energy, reduces plaque in the arteries, and can even promote muscle relaxation.
Additionally, Cacao contains an abundance of other minerals such as calcium, sulfur, zinc, iron, copper, chromium, potassium, manganese, amino acids, Omega 6 fatty acids, as well as a heart-healthy fat known as oleic acid. Cacao is especially high in antioxidants which protect the nervous system and help the body improve deficiencies and physiological problems.
Cacao has been said to help improve not only physical health, but mental health, as studies have shown that is can actually raise serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain - providing feelings of happiness, contentment, and overall well-being. It also has the ability to increase our endorphins, which reduce stress and pain.