Homemade Dog Treats For Tackling Arthritic Pain!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons of Moringa Source Turmeric Powder
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of ground flax seed
- 1 & 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop your raw sweet potatoes up the best you can.
- This step is up to you: microwave/boil/bake your sweet potatoes until they are soft enough to be mashed.
- Use a mixer or food processor to mash your sweet potatoes until they are creamy and smooth.
- Mix in your turmeric powder, maple syrup, egg, and olive oil.
- Slowly add in your flax seed and flour until your mix has a dough-like consistency.
- Flatten your dough over a cutting board, so that it is about a 1/4 inch thick.
- Choose your favorite cookie cutters, and begin cutting your dog treats out of the dough.
- Place your dog treats on a baking sheet that is covered with parchment paper, and bake them for about 20 minutes, flipping them at the 10 minute mark.
- Let them cool, and throw one to your dog to make his day! :)
What Makes These Dog Treats Effective In Battling Painful Inflammation?
Turmeric: Most commonly known for its bright orange-yellow color, turmeric is a plant that has been used in Chinese and Indian culture for centuries in both medicinal and culinary practices. Numerous studies have found that it is extremely effective in reducing inflammation, as it contains over 2 dozen anti-inflammatory compounds. Among these compounds are 6 that work specifically to prevent and reduce pain, swelling, joint stiffness, and inflammation.
Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are hearty in vitamins and nutrients such as beta-carotene, alpha-tocopherol, ascorbic acid, manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and dietary fiber. When this combination of nutrients comes together, they act as powerful antioxidants that can help to reverse the effects of inflammation, providing relief to those suffering from arthritis.