No-Bake Coconut Turmeric Bites!
Looking for a quick and easy summer treat? Search no more! Coconut-Turmeric bites require no baking and are the perfect size for on-the-go snacking! Consisting of our anti-inflammatory turmeric powder and immune-boosting coconut oil, they're yummy AND they have some health perks! In this hot month of August, we suggest serving them chilled.
What To Get:
- 1 cup of coconut butter
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of Moringa Source Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoons of Moringa Source Turmeric Powder
What To Do:
- Combine the coconut butter and shredded coconut in a bowl. The coconut butter should be soft, which can easily be done quickly by heating it in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Once your coconut butter and shredded coconut are combined, add in the coconut milk, coconut oil, and turmeric powder. Mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the mixture. It should be similar to dough in the sense that you can roll a bit of it into a ball.
- Using your hands, roll your "dough" into bite-size balls - however small or large you desire!
- Place your bites onto a plate, and sprinkle a bit of shredded coconut on top of them as a tasty garnish.
- Place the bites in the refrigerator and allow them to chill for a half hour.
- Once time has passed, remove them from the refrigerator and enjoy!
Some Benefits of These Bites!
The Benefits of Turmeric
Due to its high curcumin content, turmeric works to prevent cellular damage by free radicals. Many studies have shown that because of this, it may aid in the prevention of cancer. Curcumin is believed to boost cognitive function because it binds to abnormal proteins and dissolves them, making turmeric a powerful aid in protecting brain cells. It also optimizes liver function, resulting in detoxification of the body and clear skin.
Turmeric is a strong antioxidant, antiseptic, and inflammatory, making it a powerful solution to problems such as arthritis, heartburn, hemorrhage, diarrhea, intestinal gas, joint pain, stomach pain, Crohn's disease, high cholesterol, fatigue, stomach ulcers, jaundice, gall bladder disorders, appetite loss, bypass surgery, and irritable bowel syndrome. Turmeric also has the ability to regulate blood sugar and insulin levels, which may help those who suffer from diabetes. When it is consumed, turmeric has a thermogenic effect on the body that can increase the metabolism and promote gradual weight loss.
The Benefits of Coconut Oil
Our organic, virgin coconut oil is processed by centrifuging. This means that it has never been bleached or exposed to temperatures which break down the nutrients in the oil. The centrifuging process also allows our oil to retain its rich coconut aroma. With Moringa Source coconut oil, you can be confident that you have the purest, healthiest coconut oil available.
Coconut oil works to boost the immune system, and is full of healthy fats such as caprylic acid, lauric acid, and capric acid, which provide a healthy source of energy, help increase healthy cholesterol, and help to convert bad cholesterol into good cholesterol. It is antiviral, anti-fungal, and antibacterial, and has been found to aid in weight loss and appetite reduction. It is also high in antioxidants which help to reduce inflammation for those suffering from problems like arthritis.
Studies have shown that coconut oil can help prevent liver damage, and heal urinary and kidney infections, because it works as a natural antibiotic against harmful bacteria. Additionally, it has been found that coconut oil helps to improve the memory of those suffering from illnesses like Alzheimer's.