This one is for all of those pumpkin spice fanatics! Let's be honest - What better way is there to kickoff the fall season than with a pumpkin baked good?! We tried out our own Moringa-infused pumpkin muffin recipe, and we think you're going to love it. We sure did! Topped with sugar and pecans, and marbled with our pure Moringa powder, it's a sweet treat that has some key health benefits hidden in it!
This recipe makes about two dozen muffins
8. Once your orange mix is smooth, remove about 1 cup of it, and place it in a separate bowl.
9. Add your Moringa Source Moringa Powder to this separate bowl, and stir. This separate mixture will be your "green mix". (Add a bit of water if the mix becomes too dry or thick).
10. Add the remaining teaspoon of vanilla extract to your green mix.
11. Fill each of your muffin cups a little over halfway with your orange mix. Once you are finished doing this, then go ahead and add a dollop of your green mix to each, and swirl it in with a toothpick in order to created a marbled effect:
12. Once you are finished marbling your muffins, place them in the oven and let them bake for about 5 minutes.
13. After 5 minutes, remove your muffins and add your chopped pecans and a dash of sugar on top of each one.
14. Place your muffins back in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until a "toothpick test" deems them finished. (You should be able to poke a toothpick through your muffins and remove it with no batter residue.)
15. Let them cool a bit, and enjoy!
Pumpkin: Pumpkins are high in fiber and low in calories, making them a great snack because they have the ability to keep you feeling fuller, longer. They are also high in Vitamin A, which aids in eye, skin, teeth, and bone health, as well as Vitamin C which can help boost the immune system.
Pumpkins contain antioxidants such as lutein, xanthin, and carotenes, which also help to strengthen the immune system and protect our cells from oxidative damage. Additionally, they're a rich source of zinc - an essential trace mineral that helps immune function and promotes clear skin.
Moringa powder: Moringa is packed with vitamins and minerals. It is a strong anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and possesses anti-aging properties because it is rich in a naturally-occurring plant hormone called zeatin.
Moringa provides an all-natural energizing boost, helps to maintain a healthy blood pressure, and can improve mental clarity, flexibility, and mobility.