Spice Up Your Summer BBQ With Turmeric-Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken!
We may be halfway through August, but that doesn't mean summer is over just yet! There's still plenty of warm nights left for chillin' and grillin', so there's no excuse for not trying out our latest recipe! Spice up your plain grilled chicken with a turmeric-honey mustard marinade for an extra flavor kick and some immune-boosting health benefits!
The following measured ingredients will provide enough marinade/sauce for 4 chicken breast halves:
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of Moringa Source Turmeric Powder
- Bring your grill to medium heat.
- Prepare your chicken (wash, clean, remove any fat, etc.)
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a bowl to create an even mixture.
- Dip your chicken breasts in your mixture, covering them with it completely.
- Grill as desired (we suggest grilling your chicken within aluminum foil to avoid making a mess and to keep your chicken moist.)
- During the last 10 minutes of grilling, apply any remaining sauce onto the chicken breasts by lightly pouring it over them. You will need to unwrap the aluminum a bit in order to do this.
- Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove the aluminum foil, and enjoy!
- Moringa Source Turmeric Powder: Turmeric is a superfood with a very high antioxidant content, so it works hard in order to protect your body and keep your immune system healthy! Because it contains curcumin, turmeric works to prevent cellular damage by free radicals. Curcumin is believed to boost cognitive function because it binds to abnormal proteins and dissolves them, making turmeric a powerful aid in protecting brain cells. It also optimizes liver function so that your body can expel toxins and cleanse itself more efficiently. Additionally, turmeric is a strong antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, and it has the ability to regulate blood sugar and insulin levels, as well as increase the metabolism and promote gradual weight loss.
- Raw Honey: Packed with beneficial flavinoids, amino acids, and immune-boosting antioxidants, raw honey is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory. It contains certain vitamins, minerals, and trace enzymes that refined honey does not. Raw honey has been found to help regulate both blood sugar and glycogen levels, as well as help our bodies better absorb calcium. It is an all-natural energy booster, as it contains roughly 17 grams of carbohydrates per tablespoon. The best part? It's cholesterol-free, sodium-free, and fat-free!