The 10 Benefits of Our Superfood Power Pack
Moringa, Turmeric, and Ashwagandha - Our Superfood Power Pack
Although they can each stand alone, we consider our Moringa, Turmeric, and Ashwagandha to be the ultimate power pack of super-foods when taken daily in conjunction with one another. Why? They may share many beneficial properties, but they each have their own unique benefits to offer as well. Curious as to what each of our superfoods can do for you and your family's health? Let's find out!
The Top 10 Benefits of Turmeric
- Turmeric contains a natural component called curcumin, which works to fight inflammation and protect cells by inhibiting oxidation.
2. May be Cancer-preventing
- Scientific research has found that turmeric may work at the molecular level to prevent cancer and also stop it from progressing. The curcumin in turmeric works to prevent tumors from developing new blood vessels, thus reducing the production and spread of cancer cells.
- Turmeric contains strong antioxidants that aid in neutralizing free radicals - harmful chemicals known to cause inflammation and joint damage.
- Because it is a powerful antiseptic and antibacterial agent, turmeric powder can be applied directly to the skin to heal a wound or in an effort to combat acne. When mixed with honey and cinnamon, it makes a great face mask which reduces the redness and swelling that accompany breakouts.
5. Prevents cell damage
- Because curcumin is a component which works to inhibit oxidation, it stops harmful chemical reactions from taking place, preventing cell damage.
6. Protects brain cells
- Curcumin is believed to boost cognitive function because it binds to abnormal proteins and dissolves them, making turmeric a powerful aid in protecting brain cells.
7. Optimizes liver function
- Turmeric reduces fat in the liver, resulting in detoxification of the body and clear skin.
8. Increases metabolism
- Due to the thermogenic effect it has on the body, turmeric may increase metabolism, leading to gradual weight loss.
9. Lowers the risk of heart disease
- Curcumin improves the function of the endothelium, which are blood vessels in the heart. When the endothelium is not function efficiently, heart disease may occur, so it can be said that turmeric aids in preventing heart disease. Additionally, inflammation and oxidation are both contributing factors to heart disease, and turmeric works to prevent both of these from happening.
10. Can aid in preventing depression and Alzheimer’s
- Depression can occur when brain-derived neurotrophic factor levels are reduced. Curcumin works to increase these levels, potentially aiding in the treatment of depression. There are also studies which provide evidence that curcumin increases serotonin and dopamine levels. As far as Alzheimer’s, inflammation and oxidation both play a role in the progression of Alzheimer’s. Turmeric works to prevent these from occurring. Turmeric also works to clear the plaques which cause Alzheimer’s.
The Top 10 Benefits of Ashwagandha
1. Boosts immune system
- Ashwagandha can increase both white blood cell and killer cell count, which strengthen the body’s immunity and help fight a wide range of diseases.
2. Reduces stress
- Because it is considered an adaptogen - a substance which controls your response to stressors - Ashwagandha can help the body cope with external stressors, such as changing environmental factors and toxins.
3. Reduces anxiety and insomnia
- The adpatogenic properties of ashwagandha also help the body cope with internal stressors, such as anxiety and insomnia.
4. Improves learning memory
- Ashwagandha increases a certain liver protein which works to clear harmful plaques from the brain, such as amyloids; thus reducing the risk of developing Alzheimer’s.
5. Stabilizes blood sugar
- Many studies suggest that Ashwagandha may help lower blood sugar levels and increase insulin sensitivity.
6. Lowers cholesterol
- Among the many studies conducted on ashwagandha’s ability to lower cholesterol, one study found that “There is a decrease in total cholesterol of around 10% when ashwagandha is ingested. It is notable, however, since this appears to occur in all persons regardless of whether they have high cholesterol or not” (examiner.com).
7. Increases libido
- Ashwagandha can enhance libido and sexual energy. Studies have shown it also has a positive effect on premature ejaculation, male impotency, and erectile dysfunction.
- Because ashwagandha contains alkaloids, saponins, and steroidal lactones, it has very strong and powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
9. Helps thyroid problems
- Ashwagandha can help people suffering from both over-active and under-active thyroids because it helps to balance essential hormones.
10. Eases fatigue and pain
- Ashwagandha is used commonly by cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy as a way to ease pain and fatigue, thanks to its stress-reducing properties.
The Top 10 Benefits of Moringa
- Moringa is most well-known for its unique combination of nutrients which boost energy levels and increase stamina.
- Moringa contains a special, naturally-occurring protein that works to kill harmful bacteria in contaminated water.
- Moringa helps to revitalize skin tissues and cleanse your body of pollutants that may lead to wrinkles and premature aging.
4. Boosts Immunity
- With 7 times more Vitamin C than oranges, and an abundance of antioxidants, nutrients, and minerals, Moringa can give your immune system the boost it needs in order to keep you healthy.
5. Helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels
- Moringa contains multiple, naturally-occurring chemical compounds which work to reduce hypertension – high levels of pressure exerted by blood in the veins and arteries.
6. Improves mobility, flexibility, and overall physical performance
- Taking Moringa daily can actually improve your flexibility and mobility, helping to decrease pain caused by physical training. With 36 anti-inflammatories and over 30% vegetable protein, Moringa can help you recover faster and train harder.
- Moringa oleifera is rich in various antioxidants, including quercetin and cholorogenic acid. Moringa leaf powder can increase blood antioxidant levels.
8. Packed with vitamins and minerals
- With 25 bio-available vitamins and nutrients, 47 active antioxidants, all 8 essential amino acids, and soaring vitamin C, A, calcium, and iron levels, Moringa capsules have got you covered when it comes to getting the nutrients you need!
9. Mental clarity
- Moringa increases focus, vitality, and mental clarity due to its high iron and zinc content.
- The isothiocyanates, flavonoids, and phenolic acids in moringa leaves, pods, and seeds may provide powerful anti-inflammatory properties.