This Peppermint-Cacao Fudge Will Melt In Your Mouth!
Makes one 9x5 inch pan worth of fudge
- 1/4 cup of Moringa Source Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup of Moringa Source Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Your desired amount of raw, organic honey (as a sweetener)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 2 drops of Herbs of Light Peppermint Extract
- Optional garnish ideas: crushed candy cane pieces, coconut flakes, etc.
- If your coconut oil is solid, whip it in a mixing bowl until it is fluffy. If it is at room temperature and is already liquid, you may skip this step.
- Mix your coconut oil, cacao powder, vanilla extract, and salt together in your bowl. As you mix, slowly add in your desired amount of honey. We suggest taste-testing your fudge as you add the honey so that you do not add too much.
- Mix in your peppermint extract.
- Pour your fudge into your pan, and spread it out evenly.
- If you choose to garnish your fudge, sprinkle your candy cane pieces or coconut flakes over it.
- Cover your pan with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for about 4 hours, or until it hardens.
- Cut your fudge into small squares, serve, and enjoy!
Not only does this fudge taste great, but its ingredients offer some awesome health benefits, too!
Our organic, virgin coconut oil is processed by centrifuging. This means that it has never been bleached or exposed to temperatures which break down the nutrients in the oil. The centrifuging process also allows our oil to retain its rich coconut aroma. With Moringa Source coconut oil, you can be confident that you have the purest, healthiest coconut oil available.
Coconut oil works to boost the immune system, and is full of healthy fats such as caprylic acid, lauric acid, and capric acid, which provide a healthy source of energy, help increase healthy cholesterol, and help to convert bad cholesterol into good cholesterol. It is antiviral, anti-fungal, and antibacterial, and has been found to aid in weight loss and appetite reduction. It is also high in antioxidants which help to reduce inflammation for those suffering from problems like arthritis.
Studies have shown that coconut oil can help prevent liver damage, and heal urinary and kidney infections, because it works as a natural antibiotic against harmful bacteria. Additionally, it has been found that coconut oil helps to improve the memory of those suffering from illnesses like Alzheimer's.
Raw cacao is a rich source of antioxidants, monosaturated fats, cholesterol-free saturated fats, minerals, fiber, natural carbohydrates, and protein. It contains Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B9, and E, and is actually one of the highest plant-based sources of magnesium, which improves heart function, lowers blood pressure, helps improve blood flood, turns glucose into energy, reduces plaque in the arteries, and can even promote muscle relaxation.
Additionally, Cacao contains an abundance of other minerals such as calcium, sulfur, zinc, iron, copper, chromium, potassium, manganese, amino acids, Omega 6 fatty acids, as well as a heart-healthy fat known as oleic acid. Cacao is especially high in antioxidants which protect the nervous system and help the body improve deficiencies and physiological problems.
Cacao has been said to help improve not only physical health, but mental health, as studies have shown that is can actually raise serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain - providing feelings of happiness, contentment, and overall well-being. It also has the ability to increase our endorphins, which reduce stress and pain.
Raw Organic Honey
Honey helps to optimize the metabolism, speeding it up so that fat is burned and energy is used more efficiently. Our livers also love honey because it supports their work in detoxifying our bodies.
Packed with beneficial flavinoids, amino acids, and immune-boosting antioxidants, raw honey is also an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory. It contains certain vitamins, minerals, and trace enzymes that refined honey does not. Raw honey has been found to help regulate both blood sugar and glycogen levels, as well as help our bodies better absorb calcium. It is an all-natural energy booster, as it contains roughly 17 grams of good carbohydrates per tablespoon. The best part? It's cholesterol-free, sodium-free, and fat-free!
Peppermint is a naturally-occurring plant hybrid between watermint and spearmint. It is most commonly used for its calming effects, and by those suffering from upper respiratory and gastrointestinal problems. Peppermint may have antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties. It may reduce cold symptoms like coughing, headaches, inflammation, and congestion. Additionally, it may help with digestion by improving the flow of bile.