You've Got To Try This Recipe For Creamy Turmeric Dip!
This tangy dip recipe calls for zesty lemon juice and our fresh turmeric powder to give it a bite! It's great as a party appetizer or for healthy snacking - but no matter what your reason is for making it, it's sure to be enjoyed by everyone!
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of Moringa Source Turmeric Powder
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of low-fat dairy milk
- 1 cup of plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- There really aren't any directions for this recipe - Just combine all ingredients together in a bowl and mix well! Refrigerate it until it is ready to serve, and garnish with some extra turmeric powder.
What Goes Well With This Dip
- Veggies like cucumbers, carrots, and green peppers
- Pita Chips
The Benefits of TurmericTurmeric is a strong anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiseptic, due to its high curcumin content. Curcumin is a component which works to fight inflammation and protect cells by inhibiting oxidation. To break it down into simpler terms, curcumin stops harmful chemical reactions from taking place, preventing cell damage.
Scientific research has found that turmeric may work to assist in preventing cancer. The curcumin in turmeric also works to regulate blood sugar and insulin levels by improving the function of insulin-producing cells, helping those who suffer from diabetes. Curcumin is believed to boost cognitive function because it binds to abnormal proteins and dissolves them, making turmeric a powerful aid in protecting brain cells. It also optimizes liver function, resulting in detoxification of the body and clear skin.
It has been found that turmeric possesses the ability to lower blood cholesterol and promote weight loss. Due to the thermogenic effect it has on the body, turmeric may increase metabolism, leading to gradual weight loss. Additionally, it helps to neutralize "free radicals" - harmful chemicals known to cause inflammation and joint damage - and provide relief to those suffering from arthritis.